Monday, June 18, 2007

10K: I don't even know where to start

Basically, I missed an entire week of training. The 10K is 2-1/2 weeks away and, realistically, I am in week 5 of my training. I think I will follow the schedule for week 5 this week, week 6 next week and re-evaluate whether I will actually run in the 10K on July 4th.

I really need to ride the course so I can determine whether the hills are going to do me in. That is the one thing I am really worried about. If the course was mostly flat I would do it without question. Unfortunately, I've been told there are several hills that are quite challenging. Maybe I'll ride down there this weekend.

I did go to the gym this morning and did strength training. It was a struggle though. A HUGE struggle to get out of the bed this morning. I just wasn't feeling it. I got to the gym 15 minutes later than normal. I didn't slack off though. I did my entire workout.
Tags: ,

No comments: