Sunday, February 18, 2007

Cold again & update

It is sunny, but cool out so I'm not going to walk outside this AM. My training today calls for a 40-60 minute walk. I'll go to the gym his afternoon and hit the treadmill. I think they open at 1 pm.

Last weekend and on into Monday and Tuesday I was traveling. I was concerned about how I was going to get my training in during that time, but it finally hit me that many hotels have fitness centers. Therefore, I took advantage of them. I used the treadmill to run or walk depending on what the day called for.

I find that running on the treadmill is very different than road running or running on a track. It offers a consistency in pace due to setting the speed on the machine. I can see an advantage to running on a treadmill, but also the disadvantage. The advantage is running at a steady pace. The disadvantage is the machine helping you run at a steady pace.

My plan is to use a combination of training locations: the treadmill, indoor track, outdoor track, and road running.

No comments: