Thursday, July 5, 2007

10K: post race

It was a great feeling yesterday to complete the Peachtree Road Race!


The crowd was awesome! They were playing music, handing out water, food, and beer (yes, beer very early in the morning!). It was just a great experience.

My main concern was the hills. No, I didn't run the hills. I started out running them, but quickly switched to walking. I think by doing so I was able to conserve my energy for running the less hilly portions.

I finished the route in a 1 hour 14 minutes, which I think is pretty good for a first 10K. I got that elusive Peachtree Road Race T-shirt:


Yay for me!

For more images of the Peachtree check out my photo site here.

I'm doing another one in the fall.
Tags:

4 comments:

About Me said...

Awesome work!! What an accomplishment from your 5K to now your 10K!! Keep it up :)
-Kim

ernise said...

Thanks! I'm trying.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I was in bootcamp with you. I wasn't a big runnner until then and now run almost everyday. Way to go. Amy

ernise said...

Thanks Amy! I wasn't a runner prior to bootcamp either and now it is definitely apart of my routine.